Black Bean Brownies! (low fat, vegan, oil free, gluten free!)
I know - I’m a little late to jump on the black bean bandwagon, but it’s better late than never, right? These chocolatey treats are gooey and delicious - however they may not be for everyone. If you like chocolate desserts where bananas feature heavily (for example the chocolate avocado pudding), then these are definitely for you.
[Originally from Happy Herbivore.]
What you’ll need…
- 15oz drained black beans (one can);
- 2 ripe bananas;
- 1/3 cup agave;
- 1/4 cup cocoa;
- 1 tbsp cinnamon;
- 1 tsp vanilla;
- 1/4 - 1/2 cup instant oats* - sub for GF oats if you like;
- Any toppings you like - I used pecans and cacao nibs.
1. Place everything in the food processor except the oats and blend until smooth. If your bananas are not very ripe, add a little bit of raw sugar until the desired sweetness is met. Then stir in the instant oats. (If your oats aren’t instant - whizz them around in the food processor first to they are more finely ground.)
2. Pour in to a greased 8x8” pan, sprinkle on your toppings and bake for 30 minutes in a preheated oven at 350F/175C until a toothpick comes out clean. Leave to cool in the pan.
* - If you find the mix too gooey then add the whole 1/2 cup oats. Alternatively you could use 1/4 cup oats and 1/4 flour.